Indicates required field
This agreement is entered into on this date,
by and between The CWDF, and
hereafter referred to as the foster trainer.
Name of dog:
Length of foster term:
Date available for adoption:
1. I hereby acknowledge receiving the above-described dog(s).
2. I understand that the dog(s) shall remain the sole property of The CWDF. The CWDF reserves the right to reclaim the dog(s) at any time.
3. I agree to return said dog(s) if I am no longer able to care adequately for them.
4. I agree to return any foster dog that dies.
5. I agree to provide the dog(s) with good and loving care, including but not limited to food, water, shelter & medication when required. I agree not to breed the dog(s) or allow them to breed. I will provide or arrange for all emergency medical care and will notify The CWDF immediately if the dog(s) become ill or injured, requiring veterinary care as ALL veterinary treatment MUST be approved by CWDF in order to be reimbursed. I also agree not to allow the dog(s) to be euthanized, unless it is clearly critically injured, without notifying The CWDF and obtaining permission in advance.
6. I understand & acknowledge that I do not have any right or authority to keep or place foster dogs in other homes or with other individuals.
7. I understand that said dog(s) will be available for adoption during the time in my foster care, unless otherwise stated above. I agree to allow the dog(s) to be viewed by potential adopters with 24 hours notice.
8. I understand that as the foster trainer, CWDF will try and give me the first right of adoption of any dog(s) in my care when adoptive homes are available. However, I understand that in special circumstances the Adoption Coordinator may choose a different home if deemed in the best interest in the animal. I understand that in no way is this a reflection on me, but simply a case of matching a dg with the best, safest, most appropriate situation.
9. I understand & acknowledge that I am responsible for all general expenses incurred as a result of fostering a dog. (food, toys, etc. The CWDF will provide a loaner crate if needed, bowls, and a bag of food to start)
10. I understand & acknowledge The CWDF cannot guarantee or be held responsible for the health, behavior or temperament of dog(s) that I may foster. I understand that The CWDF and its representatives do not make any warranty or guaranty as to the demeanor, health, temperament, or pedigree of any animal. I expressly release and hold harmless The CWDF from any and all liability for loss, injury, or damage caused by any animal to any person or property, and that I will assume any such risk of loss by fostering any animal.
11. I understand that my foster volunteer position can be terminated at any time at the discretion of The CWDF.
12. Long term fosters: I agree to provide monthly reports for said dog(s).
13. I agree that The CWDF has the right to visitation with 24 hours notice or immediate inspection in case of emergency situations (i.e. earthquake, fire, flood, negligence, etc)
14. I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The CWDF, its officers and assigns, any previous owner, foster home from any and all liability associated with the dog(s) or damage or injury hereafter caused by the dog(s).
I attest that the terms and conditions of this foster contract have been read and understood, I agree to abide by them, and I am at least 18 years of age. I agree that any legal actions in connection with this agreement shall be brought solely in the County of Los Angeles and agrees to submit to said jurisdiction.
Foster Trainer's name:
Clicking YES below serves as your electronic signature:
YES, I agree to all terms.
Phone Number, alternate
I AGREE TO ALL TERMS
© 2016 California Working Dog Foundation. All rights reserved.